The Bengough Municipal Arts Council Inc. is a registered Charitable Public Foundation whose mandate is to contribute to the development of a strong and vibrant cultural community in Bengough and the surrounding area.
Besides the visual art shows, workshops, and concerts presented throughout the year, we feature a special outdoor, family-friendly, 3-day celebration of music and culture.
The Gateway Festival provides an opportunity for people to experience new and diverse artistic experiences in a festival format, where together, we celebrate community!
OUR MISSION is to:
1. Cultivate an environment in which the Arts thrive for the economic and cultural benefit of Bengough and the surrounding region.
2. Provide opportunity for development of local artists
3. Promote awareness and appreciation of the arts to members of the community and surrounding communties by developing educational outreach programs aimed at bringing artists, visitors and community members together.
4. Present a diverse selection of arts presentations in a festival setting.
5. Present a pan-Canadian selection of artists highlighting both national and regional cultural diversity
6. Strengthen community social development through a coming together for a cultural event
7. Present high caliber artists at the professional and emerging level
8. Create avenues which will establish revenues that can be put back into the community
BOARD OF DIRECTORS:
an active 11 member Volunteer Board that meets on a monthly basis.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Janet Hesjedal // Evan Severson // James Giraudier // Maurice Koszman // Scott Mooney // Joan Mooney // Judy Severson
Capitol Staging & Production Solutions - Stage & Lights // GV Audio - Sound